Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers

Friday, March 18, 2011

Second Day on Our Own

Well, here we are at the end of our Second Day on our own.  Had another rough night with Hanna.  She was awake in the night for a couple of hours, I'm guessing as I couldn't see my watch.  Fortunately she did not wake Lena and DID go back to sleep.  AND she took a good nap this afternoon.  BUT we're going on 3 hours of trying to get her down tonight.  I had her asleep but couldn't get her put down without waking her.  I hoped she would roll over and go back to sleep, but she started her stimulation behavior (lip smacking, scratching, kicking, playing with her hands).  Left her alone to maybe work it out and go back to sleep, but no such luck.  John is in there now.  Hope he has some success soon.  I'm beat!

Had a good day.  Followed John's plan.  I took the big kids out in the neighborhood and to McD's for lunch.  Found a bookstore and got Oleg a couple of books to read (so he doesn't do as much GameBoy, etc.).  Turns out the kids really don't like McD's (no big loss to me), so we won't be doing that again.  Rather go to the Fat House myself - IF I'm going out.  Also got Lena a cute hat to keep her warm.  Hanna did nap.  And we got to skype with Cliff briefly before we lost connection.

Took some cute videos today.  Will try to get them uploaded soon.  Maybe.  Eventually.

I need to get Oleg started on English.  Lena MIGHT be able to do it, too.  I think Oleg will think it is too easy, but he could surprise me.

Our house showed yesterday, but the lookers weren't interested.

It really was a good day.  Just too tired to put it all into words.

May go to the zoo tomorrow morning, return here for Hanna's nap, skype with Cliff and (hopefully the girls), and maybe meet up with another family from our orphanage (adopted sons who are friends of our big kids) if we can work it out.

Night!

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to know about how big Lena is, since we're planning to adopt a girl about her age. Praying Hanna starts to sleep better. The first few days with Isabel were rough for naps and sleeping, but it got better quickly although she still (after a year and a half home) likes to rock side to side to go to sleep!

    ReplyDelete