Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Black Sea!!

I got to really see the Black Sea today!!  Special thanks to our new friends Rachel and Jonathan and their boys Sasha and Boris.

We were up a bit later than usual this morning (yes, another rough night) and met our friends at 9:30.  Rachel got us taxis, and we were on our way.  When we arrived at the waterfront, we checked the times on the dolphin show and found we had about an hour to kill until show time, so we walked up the hill to a big park above the water and looked down on the docks and out across the water.  The big boys had a great time "wrestling" as we walked.  Boris and Lena walked holding hands sometimes and usually in animated conversation.  I carried Hanna so long, I think I sprained my left wrist.  She got down and walked some, but she didn't want anyone but me to carry her.  We walked and talked, had a snack, then walked back to the aquarium for the show.

The kids LOVED the show.  John got some video, so I'll upload when I can.  I know I keep saying that, but we're just so busy we don't have time for things like that.

After the show we walked along the beach.  The kids loved that, too.  Very excited.  I have a pocketful of shells (Hanna had a diaper full of sand).  The water is cold.  Jonathan and Rachel said that the whole area where we were walking was ice just a couple of weeks ago.  The weather today was beautiful!  Hard to believe that it was snow and ice so recently.

We returned to the flat about 1:30-2pm for Hanna's NON-nap.  Yes, refusal again.  She's really wearing on us.  Fortunately, she's been fairly good-natured even without sleep.  She has her moments, but for the most part she's a happy kid.  When she got up, all three kids played together for a little while.  It was really cute to see them all together.  Oleg is a really good big brother.  He plays gently with her and she loves it.  Lena wants her to be more of a baby and let her carry her and dress her and such.  Hanna knows she isn't a baby, so she's not very happy when Lena gets bossy.  However, she does love to be chased and tickled and play hide-and-seek with Lena.  That was really cute.

Late in the afternoon John took the big kids to the grocery store.  We have one more night here, and we needed some supplies for tonight, tomorrow, and for the train tomorrow night.  I can tell John is really tired.  I really hope he can get some sleep tonight.  While they were gone, I was able to skype for a little while with Cliff.  Our internet has been down for a couple of days, and I just wanted to see if I could get on today.  Thankfully, yes.  It was so good to see and talk to him.  Made me really miss him and the girls and home, though.  Five more days and we'll be in our own beds!!

After supper and cleanup we dimmed the lights, lit some candles, put on some music and tried to get the girls to quiet down.  Lena started to cry which made Hanna cry a little (she's a sympathetic crier).  Got them somewhat calm and put them down.  Hoping that letting Hanna put herself to sleep will work better than what we've been trying.  I put Hanna down first (with strict instructions from Oleg to go to sleep).  Then we put Lena down.  I think they probably played a little, but Lena is asleep now.  Hoping Hanna is, but kinda afaid to check yet.  Here's praying!

May have lost the internet again, so posts will be delayed until we get to Kiev and get some time.  Zhenia says we will have passports tomorrow.  Medical exams on Tuesday.  Embassy interview on Wednesday.  Visas on Thursday.  Flight on Friday.  PLEASE pray that all goes as planned, all paperwork is in order, and we have no delays or snafus!!!

Tired!


Here's a picture of the kids and me on the beach.  The Black Sea is behind us.  Not exactly the pose I pictured, but you take what you can get!  I LOVE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment