Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Medical Exams today

We arrived in Kiev about 7:30 am.  Andre the driver picked us up and took us to the flat to stow our bags and eat a quick breakfast.  Everyone seemed to sleep fairly well on the train.  The girls and I had a "room" and the boys had a "room."  I slept with Hanna.  Lena fussed a bit about not being sleepy but was snoring within 5 min of turning off the lights.  Hanna took a bit more, but did sleep.  And I slept more than I thought I would.

The flat is in a different location from our first Kiev flat.  It is likely the "nicest" that we have had.  More on it another time.  Pictures, too, if I can.

We arrived at the medical center for 9am appointment and of course had to wait.  We saw Dr. Yuri who did a good job of evaluating the kids.  He talked with them and not just examined them.  I didn't get everyone's stats, but I do have the paperwork, so I can look it up.  I do know that Hanna has gained 1.3 kilos since her last checkup in September.

Oleg has a hernia that we will need to have checked when we get home but is otherwise healthy.  Lena is healthy.  And Hanna is healthy, although he did give us a recommendation for an antibacterial ointment for the spots she has on her arm and face.  He thinks they are just a little infected.  She also has a spot (not a birthmark) on her bottom that he says is probably nothing but should be checked out at home.

Spent the rest of the day at the flat.  I got a nap with Hanna.  Lena fell asleep, too.  John and Oleg had some "quality time" together that just about drove John nuts (according to John).  Supper (chicken, spaghetti with tomato sauce, and pineapple chunks) went over fairly well.  Oleg ate ALL of his.  Lena ate some and didn't complain about the taste.  Hanna eats anything, so she was happy as well.  Then baths, a movie (Toy Story 2), and bed.  Got a quick skype with Cliff and a good talk with John, and now I'm ready for bed!

Embassy interview tomorrow morning at 10am.   It should just be filing paperwork for the visas and for the kids' files.  Visas should be ready Thursday, then fly home Friday.  Zhenia says we are 98% done.  Oleg is ready to be home.  Me too!

No comments:

Post a Comment