Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Whew!

After waiting 12 days, I finally got to take our documents to Austin for apostille!  Yea!

I finally had the documents in my hand late last night.  Believe it or not, after all the miscommunication and last minute requirements, UPS delivered our documents to the wrong address!!  Thankfully, though, it was our next door neighbor.  At 9:45PM I was on the phone with Cliff (he was in LA, en route to Australia) telling him we didn't have the documents, and he suggested that I go next door.  When I did (with him still on the phone) I found our envelope on their porch!

So the girls and I took off about 7:30 this morning.  We arrived about 9:45, parked, and were in the Secretary of State office by 10AM.  About 10 min. later we walked out with our authenticated documents.  YES!!

From there we met my brother for coffee (haven't seen him in a while), found some lunch, sent the documents to our agency, and headed home.

I thought I would feel better.  Don't get me wrong.  I did a happy dance as I walked out of the FedEx office.  I don't really know how to describe how I feel.  Worried that maybe we forgot something?  I just don't feel the relief I thought I'd feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment