Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers

Thursday, April 8, 2010

On Hold

We received our notarized home study last night, but we did not hear from the agency to know that it was a "go."  So no road trip to Austin today.  Disappointment #1.  Maybe Friday.

Heard from the agency this morning that they approved the final draft (YEA!)  But then we learned that we had to have our power of attorney returned with the home study, and it needs to be apostilled as well.

Okay, we can do that.  I took the documents to Cliff's office to have them notarized.  We can have them apostilled when we take the home study.  Whew!  We can still do this Friday and have the package to the agency by Monday morning.  It can be in Ukraine by the end of the week.

Additionally, the agency said that our social worker's license and her agency license need to be on separate pages AND they must be notarized separately and individually.  {insert tire screeching}  We don't have that.  Disappointment #2.  Definitely not Friday.

Ready for the last part?  The last draft of the home study that I saw did not include some of our financial information (that was the package that got lost in the mail in mid-March).  When I looked at it this morning (I don't know why I did), it is incorrect.  Disappointment #3.  Now we have to re-do part of the home study.  BUT, at least this is not the only paper we need from the social worker (see above).

So, I have been on a roller coaster this morning.  From hopeful that we can apostille and submit tomorrow to uncertain when any of this will happen.  I screamed.  I cried.  And now I am resigned.  This just isn't going to go smoothly.  Whining and crying and wishing it was different will not make it go any more smoothly.

I calmed down and called the social worker.  Left a message.

I emailed the agency to report the delay

We are farther along than we were, and that is good.

Did I mention I really don't like roller coasters?

No comments:

Post a Comment