Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Arriving in Kiev

Tuesday

We touched down in Kiev almost exactly 24 hours after leaving our home. We exited the plane down stairs and boarded a tram to the terminal. Once inside, everything went really fast. Cliff was in front with Emma. I was behind with Vivian. I don’t know how (because I couldn’t see what Cliff could see) someone collected us, took our passports to customs, rushed us past everyone else in line, got our baggage and had us out the door in less than 15 min. Next thing I know, I’m meeting our facilitator, Zhenia.

Zhenia was a little surprised by the size of our group. He was expecting just Cliff and me. But he handled everything with a smile and great optimism. Our transportation was a bit snug, but we all fit with all of our luggage in a little Japanese van (steering on the right). Zhenia asked a lot of questions and gave a lot of information on the ride in from the airport. He took us to our flat which is very well located for all that we have to do in Kiev. I will post separately about our flat and neighborhood. Then he took us to the market to get some food (also another post). And then he left us for the evening.

We have internet access in our flat, so I was able to post on facebook that we arrived. I also got a brief online chat with one of my brothers (who just happened to be online at the time).

We decided we were too tired to cook, so we got McDonald’s, made sure we stayed awake until 8pm, and then crashed!

No comments:

Post a Comment